The Swallow Your Pride events are organized and held on the unceded, traditional territory and homelands of the Coast Salish people, specifically the xmkwym (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and slílwta (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. As organizers, we encourage all attendees to thoughtfully consider how collectively we can be supportive and in solidarity every day with the Indigenous communities on whose land we live, gather and play.|
Celebrate Vancouvers queer BDSM scene with a Spring edition of Swallow Your Pride, plus 3 workshops by queer presenters! Join us for a afternoon workshops featuring futch leather dyke Elaine, sadomasochistic science nerd Xanthine, and bratty cosmetic creative, BabyGirl Momo. Then splash into the night with our Spring dungeon party, featuring music from queer and POC artists, and a full dungeon of play equipment including rope suspension frames (including a hemp-free play area), spanking benches, cages, and medical-play tables.
Whether you are a devious Daddy, femme4femme, genderqueer kinkster, or a curious little, queer kinky folks of every glorious gender are welcome! Come out of hibernation and get your spring sting on!
Saturday, March 16, 2019
1:30pm - 3:00pm Elaine
3:15pm - 4:45pm Xanthine
5:00pm - 6:30pm BabyGirl Momo
Full workshop descriptions to come, but topics will include resistance play, a rope class geared to queer bodies, and glamorous makeup tips to elevate your dungeon look.
8:00pm - 1:00am Dungeon Party
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street
Coast Salish Territories, Vancouver, BC
Attendees must be 19+ to attend.
Questions or inquiries can be sent to email@example.com
Thank you to Metro Vancouver Kink for sponsoring this event.
Workshops: $15 each at the door / $40 in advance for all 3 workshops
Party: $25 at the door / $20 in advance
Workshops & Party: $60 in advance
There is no ATM on site, cash only at the door!
Advance tickets available here: https://swallowyourpridespring.brownpapertickets.ca
We have a limited number of sliding scale tickets available with priority given to BIPOC. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need one. If you can sponsor a ticket for someone in need of one, contact us directly to set that up.
We strive to make SYP welcoming and accessible to those who wish to attend. We are open to ideas of how to continue and improve accessibility and will thoughtfully work at meeting those needs.
- ASL interpreters can be made available upon advanced request. (Please email by March 1st to let us know: email@example.com)
- Multi-stall non-gendered washrooms
- Wheelchair accessible entrance, seating area, washrooms and dungeon space
- Seating options for workshops and dungeon party include padded, armless chairs. The floor is polished concrete. Please bring pillows/cushions if needed to the workshops. An aftercare space with mattresses, pillows and cushions will be available at the party.
- Free street parking available throughout the neighbourhood
- Public transit to venue (#4 & #7 at Victoria and Powell/ #14 & #16 at Victoria and Hastings)
- There will be a cash-only concession stand with snacks and beverages during the party
- There is no alcohol served at this event
SCENT REDUCED SPACE
In order to ensure access to those with allergies, and MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities), please refrain from wearing colognes, perfumes or other scented or chemical products to the event.
- There will not be bootblacking at this event in consideration of those with MCS.
- No smoking in the event space or within 25 feet of the event entrance.
- There will be scent-free soap in the washrooms.
- The venue is maintained with the use of scented and chemical cleaners, however during the party hospital-grade sanitizing wipes will be used for dungeon equipment.
For more information on how to be fragrance free:
ACCESSIBILITY PHYSICAL SPACE AUDIT
This audit of the Maritime Labour Centre was originally performed by the Radical Access Mapping Project in August 2011:
If you would like a space audited, or have questions about accessibility in general or this audit in particular, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Maritime Labour Centre (View)
1880 Triumph St
Vancouver, BC V5L 4C3
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|